Spring 1941 is the story of the young Clara, her husband, and two daughters, a Jewish family seeking shelter as Nazis storm Poland.
A Film by Uri Barabash
(Israel/Poland, 2008, 97 minutes, Color, English, Cast: Joseph Fiennes, Clare Higgins, Kelly Harrison, Neve McIntosh, Maria Pakulnis)
Successful doctor Artur Planck, his wife Clara and their two daughters are seeking shelter from the Nazis storming Poland. They find a safe house in the farm of Emilia, their local grocer who is all alone after her husband fought for his country and never returned. Amidst the horrors of the war that surrounds them, an impossible love triangle erupts as Emelia uncontrollably falls in love with Artur. Such a fragile arrangement is sustained by love – or is it just the will to survive? The answer to that question may not even be made known to those who make it out alive.
AWARDS, FESTIVALS & SCREENINGS
• Haifa International Film Festival
• Vancouver Jewish Film Festival
• Tucson Jewish Film Festival
• Denver Jewish Film Festival
• David Posnack JCC, FL
• Grand Rapids Jewish Film Festival
• Jewish Public Library, Montreal
• Austin Jewish Film Festival
• Harrisburg Jewish Film Festival