This is a story about parenthood, about the desire to be a parent and the involvement that come with it: identification and honor. This is a journey that creates near-laboratory conditions for the examination of hidden aspects of parenthood.
A Film by: Savi Gabizon
(Israel, 2017, 103 min, Hebrew, English subtitles, Cast: Shai Avivi, Asi Levy, Neta Riskin, Yoram Toledano, Shiri Golan, Ella Armony, Shimon Mimran ).
Ariel, a well-off, childless man, gets a phone call from his college girlfriend. She needs to tell him a couple of very surprising things: first, when they broke up twenty years ago, she was pregnant and went on to have a lovely boy. The second thing will change his life forever. This is a journey that creates laboratory-like conditions to explore the hidden aspects of parenthood beyond giving and responsibility. Most of all, this is a very sad comedy.
FESTIVALS & SCREENINGS
* Israeli Academy Award for Best Screenplay
* 3 Israeli Academy Award Nominations
* Jerusalem International Film Festival - Audience Award and Best Script Award
* Toronto International Film Festival - Official Selection
* Venice Days - Venice Internationale Film Festival - Opening Film
* Montreal Israeli FF - Best Film and Best Screenplay Awards 2018
* Paris Israeli FF - Audience Award for Best Feature Film 2019
* PKF Italy 2017
* UK JFF 2018
* Savannah JFF 2019
* Denver JFF 2019
* Santa Barbara JFF 2019
* Detroit JFF 2019