Half a Ton of Bronze" is a mixture of a Middle-Eastern western and a cynical comedy about a world in which values are sold by the pound.
Half a Ton of Bronze
A Film by: Yiftach Chozev
(Israel, 2010, 60 Minutes, Color, Hebrew, Arabic and Russian with English Subtitles, Cast: Shlomo Bar Aba, Michael Hanegbi, Noa Wolman, Kobi Marciano, Gasan Abbas, Loai Noufi)
The story of the theft of an Israeli national hero's forgotten statue, and the adventures of the hero's loser grandson, Alik, a 60-year-old avocado farmer, and his good-for-nothing son, to retrieve it.
AWARDS, FESTIVALS & SCREENINGS
• Silicon Valley Jewish Film Festival
• Zagreb Jewish Film Festival
• Athens Georgia Jewish Film Festival
• Louisville Jewish Film Festival
• New Jersey Jewish Film Festival
• Sid Jacobson JCC, East Hills, NY