A dramatic feature based on the short film "Strangers", winner of the Sundance Film Festival's award for Best Short Film
A Film by: Erez Tadmor & Guy Nattiv
(Israel, 2007, 85 Minutes, Color, Hebrew, English, French, English subtitles, Cast: Liron Levo, Lubna Azabal, Abdallah El Akal, Dominique Lollia, Patrick Albenque, Clemence Thioly, Stephane Pouillot, Mila Dekker)
When Eyal, a young Israeli (Liron Levo) and Rana, a young Palestinian (Lubna Azabal), cross paths in Berlin during the 2006 World Cup, their chance encounter changes the course of both of their lives.
Thrown together while looking for a flat, they quickly fall in love.As the Final approaches, their relationship develops intensity, but a sudden phone call summons Rana back to Paris. In the real world these things can’t work.
Eyal decides to follow her and in so doing saves both their budding relationship and himself. This love story beautifully illustrates how two individuals, acting on what is important to them personally, can change the world.
The story touches the profound wounds created by years of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and shows a young generation asking to reconnect and even reconcile.
AWARDS, FESTIVALS & SCREENINGS
• Sundance International Film Festival
• Jerusalem FF –Most Promising Actress Award - Lubna Azabal
• Taipei Film Festival– official selection
• Sao Paulo International Film Festival
• Melbourne International Film Festival
• AICE Israeli Film Festival in Australia
• Pitigliani Kolno’a Festival in Rome
• Jewish Film Festival in Caracas
• Toronto Jewish Film Festival
• UK Jewish Film Festival
• Palm Springs Film Festival
• Cinema Novo Festival
** Not Available in North America and Eastern Europe**