A Film by: Eitan Green
(Israel, 2008, 96 Minutes, Color, Hebrew/English, English subtitles, Cast: Yuval Segal, Dorit Lev-Ari, Ron Jaegermann)
This is the story of the coming of age of the Goldstein family - mother, father and son; an Israeli family coping with a familiar array of life experiences - friendship, love, sex, death.
The film comprises three episodes: the first occurs at the seashore, the second unfolds in Ashkelon National Park among the ancient statues and ruins, and the third takes us to the family's new home into which they have moved in anticipation of the birth of a new baby.
Each of these situations becomes fraught with danger and drama. Taken together, they bind the three family members to each other more strongly and more profoundly than before. Fate plays tricks on the Goldsteins; sometimes the tricks are amusing, often they are menacing. The Goldsteins cannot rely on fate, only on each other...
"None of us are born parents. Our children teach us how to be parents... 'We live, as we dream -- alone,' wrote Joseph Conrad in Heart of Darkness. Still and all, we live both with our parents and with our children forever." -- Eitan Green
AWARDS, FESTIVALS & SCREENINGS
• Montreal World Film Festival 2008 - Innovation Award
• Winnipeg Jewish Film Festival 2009
• Montreal Israeli Film Festival 2009
• Toronto Jewish Film Festival 2009
• Berlin Jewish Film Festival 2009
• Israel Film Festival - Los Angeles 2009
• Israeli Embassy of Rome 2009
• Contra Costa Israel Center 2009
• Australia Israel Cultural Exchange 2009
• UK Jewish Film Festival 2009
• Calgary Jewish Film Festival 2009
• Rome Israeli Film Festival 2009
• Palm Beach Jewish Film Festival 2009